Monday, March 3, 2008

Party On

I am ashamed of how few pictures I took of the party! It's a good thing several others were taking more pics, so I'll have some good ones to share soon. Here is a picture of the finished mermaid cake. I am THRILLED with how she turned out and SHOCKED at how little was left! She's pretty big and I expected to have about half left over, but all we had was a fraction of her head and a few cupcakes. The instructions for this cake (and lots of other fun things) can be found here. Also, as you can see, Natalie loved the mermaid skirt, she has worn it for the last three days straight, with the exception of church yesterday. And the last pic is of several of her favorite gifts. Her Cinderella doll sitting in the wooden doll high chair from my parents, drinking tea from her new princess tea set. Again, sorry I don't have better pics! Anyway, the party was a success, although a little crazy with so many people here. Natalie had a blast since her little cousins were able to come. Thankfully, it was 70 outside and we were able to get the patio all cleaned up, which made it a little easier to accommodate everyone. Then, yesterday, we had a nice blizzard. Gotta love Colorado!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that IS a big cake! Sounds like the party was a huge success in every way. Good job, Pookie!

    ReplyDelete