Thursday, March 6, 2008

Back to Sewing




















I finally got a chance to start on this bag I promised my sister's lovely mother-in-law awhile back. I finished the front appliqué, but went to start construction this morning, only to find I am out of navy thread. Erg. I often wish I could think of a system to carry with me the colors of thread, zippers, rick-rack, etc. that I have on hand so I can buy it if I need it and avoid surprises when I'm ready to sew. I am, after all, a genius, so I'm sure if I spend some time on it, I can come up with something. Ideas, anyone?

I have random thoughts and links to share today. First, I have finally found a tea that I LOVE! This pregnancy, for some reason, I cannot stomach coffee (quite a travesty for a mommy of little ones who is dependent on the daily pick-me-up) and actually don't really like Dr. Pepper, which I used to be pretty addicted to. SO, I picked up Celestial Seasonings' Lemon Zinger and boy, is it good! Yay, a solution!

Next, Sew, Mama, Sew is at it again. Last month was quilting month on their blog and so they posted a unique quilt every day, block-a-long opportunities and more and this month they are back to posting great tutorials every day! I've already determined to try this one and this one. Give them a visit if you're in need of inspiration or project ideas.

As a former collector of tiolet paper rolls and empty Kleenex boxes, imagine my delight to find this post on Soule Mama's blog about a solution for her son's crazy collections. (This is just for fun, and especially for you, Mom.) Also by Amanda Soule, I'm anxious to get my hands on her new book. It looks wonderful and I can only find good things to read about it.

Have a good Thursday everyone! We'll be spending another day here at home, since Natalie seems to have come down with a cold. Those things sure are common! hehehe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment