Monday, October 21, 2013

bath time

Bathing is my newest hobby. Ha! I love baths. I take one every couple days, in the evening after dinner is cleaned up and no one needs me for about half an hour. I started this ritual while we were preparing to move from our old house because my body would get so achy by the end of the day and I knew that Epsom salts soothe sore muscles and joints. Did you know that Epson salts are pure magnesium sulfate? Did you know that most people are magnesium deficient? Did you know that magnesium has a ridiculously long list of health benefits? Just google it. If you find yourself tired, moody, achy or hormonal, try a magnesium supplement!

Unfortunately, I have yet to find a magnesium supplement that is gentle enough on my stomach, but that's okay because there are magnesium oils and homemade body butters I can try! For now, I am loving my Epsom salt baths. Any store with a bath and beauty department sells bags of Epsom salts, either plain or "flavored". Currently, I have a eucalyptus mint variety and a lavender vanilla, which have essential oils added to them. You need to use a lot, between 2 and 4 cups to get the most relaxing results and just pour it into your bath water and mix it in with your feet 'til it dissolves.

Another reason I got into baths is because my friend took my to Lush before we moved! I bought a Buffy Bar. And it was amazing. I just finally used it up a few weeks ago, boo! The good news is, I found a recipe to make my own. The even better news is, while I wait on those ingredients from Amazon, I found a coconut oil sugar scrub recipe, using ingredients I already had in my kitchen (except for the essential oils, which I just skipped this time), yay!

Scrubs with oils are the best, because they moisturize while you use them and you don't have to lotion up after your bath. Just rub it in at the end of your shower or bath and rinse off. You'll stay so soft afterward! I used this one last night and loved it so much.

I cannot wait to try some of the other things I've pinned on my "Make Your Own" Pinterest board. I have some ingredients in my Amazon shopping cart right now! Hopefully they will work out and I can give some of these things as gifts :)

The added bonus of taking baths is that my bathroom always smells like a spa, haha! Even my towel smells so good.

DIY spa recipe links or ideas are welcome in the comments!!

1 comment:

  1. I do a lot of DIY, but after checking your pin board I don't think I have anything to add. :o)

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete