Monday, November 5, 2012

One skirt, many ways

You may remember another post with this same title in recent months. I'm getting so much wear out of that yellow cord skirt, that I wanted to make another equally versatile skirt. I've had Cynthia Rowley's skirt pattern, Simplicity 2512, for at least a year, but was hesitant to try it because I didn't know how this silhouette would look on me. Due to some recent wadders, I went ahead and whipped up a quick muslin (gasp! I never make muslins) and was pleasantly surprised! I went ahead and cut it out in this purplish fabric someone gave me a few years ago. I love the texture in this fabric, it's a perfect weight for a skirt and I think it turned out great!

Here it is, worn four ways.

I didn't bother with shoes and my photos could have been better, but it's all I could do to document four changes of clothes, so it'll have to do!




I love that this skirt can be casual or classy. And the cute waistband shape and binding make it unique. Very happy with how it turned out!!

2 comments: