Thursday, November 1, 2012

better late than never

A day after Halloween and actually four days after our church Harvest Party, I'm finally getting around to posting costume photos!! Like I've said probably more than a few times in the past, I really love making costumes. The kids really get into the choosing and pattern browsing and the process and the finished products always make them SO happy. What mother wouldn't love that?

I'm way too lazy right now to go up two floors and get the patterns, or sit right here and search for them online, so I'm not gonna post the pattern numbers here. If you reeeeaaaaalllly want to know, ask me in the comments and I'll post them :)

Natalie wanted to be Belle. This pattern is several years old and is TERRIBLE!! McCall's has an updated one now. Get that one, don't use the old one, take my word for it. I made it work she loves it. the rose was my own addition, but her idea.

 Layla, my Egyptian Princess :)

 And T-Rex Kelby. This might be one of my favorite things I've ever made, fleece is so much fun to sew on and it's ridiculously cute.
 Rawr!
 I didn't have time to make my Jane Austen costume, but I managed a Super Mom one!! Natalie made my tiara, btw, on the sewing machine. She just started learning and she's doing awesome.



2 comments:

  1. I haven't posted on a single blog post about Halloween (because we don't do Halloween), but I just had to say that I love your costume! Super Mom. I need one of those! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love those costumes. And that last pictures if just fabulous! What was Casey?

    ReplyDelete