Friday, October 1, 2010

Here's the deal...

I get really frustrated sometimes that people (based on my blog) think I "have it all together" or that I'm "so on top of things".  Trust me, people, that is NOT the case!!!!! I try very hard, actually, not to come across that way on my blog, but in case you're still not convinced, here's what's occurring today at my house:

  • Two out of three of my kids are not dressed--one is half-wearing an Alice in Wonderland dress and one is wearing her shirt with just her Dora panties.  This is usually the way it is. 
  • My garage is FULL of junk--some is going out and some is coming in.  Someone is coming today to look at something in the garage that I listed on Craigslist and even though I may be embarrassed, it's not enough to make me want to go clean it up, if that were even possible. 
  • We only did school two days this week and Natalie and I were both cranky for one of them.  (I struggle with this and am ridden with guilt that I may not be teaching my kindergartner what she needs to know.)
  • Kelby was a cranky MESS this morning.  I wanted to put him back to bed.  Or invest in ear plugs for my own sanity. 
  • I have done zero sewing this whole week.  Except for some hand quilting on Natalie's quilt, which is coming along, but which I've been working on since Spring.
  • Only one of my children has a finished scrapbook, that's how seldom I actually get to work on those. 
Is that enough?  There, now never say, "that Nikki has it all together" again! My blog may make me look like I accomplish a lot, but that's only because I refrain from blogging the daily laundry list of things I don't do every day. 

We have been enjoying these last few weeks of fine weather.  It's been a beautiful Fall so far.  The girls took their coloring outside this week. We did school outside one day too (the non-cranky day :)



For all those things I don't get done, these three kiddos are the things that really matter, right? Right??

Sorry if I'm rambling, but I've been looking for something to entertain myself with while I'm cleaning bathrooms or folding laundry.  I put a few different preachers' weekly sermons on my iPod to listen to, but I've been thinking of trying to find some good podcasts.  Any recommendations? Any subject will do! And, while I'm on it, does anyone else think audio books online are ridiculously overpriced? Or is it just me? 

5 comments:

  1. I *love* the Radiolab.org podcast. SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben subscribes to Audible.com for about $15 a month, which gets you two downloadable audiobooks a month...whether its a $5 book or a $60 book, it still just costs you $15 a month for two of them. He has really enjoyed all the books he's gotten that way.
    xoxo
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about if I just say, "I love catching a glimpse of your messy life!" It brings a smile to my day just to see those beautiful (cranky) angel faces you post so often. As for podcasts, I've enjoyed Coffeebreak Spanish. I still don't speak it, but I love to hear the girl speak Spanish with an Aussie accent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite blog entry ever! Glad to know you are human like the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you cleared the air. I hope you feel better. Just take the praise as it comes and know that you have it more together than some of us, especially with three small children.

    ReplyDelete