Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Spring!!!!!!

I thought it would never come!! There's a reason I didn't blog last week. It was cold. And it snowed. And I was trying to keep a good attitude--or if I couldn't do that, at least not outwardly complain about it ;) But the weather was really getting to me and I was unmotivated to do much of anything extra.

But now the weather's nice and I can think of lots of things to blog about, ha!

I made a maxi skirt:
 See my awesome stripe matching?!? I can't take full credit, easily matched stripes are a sign of quality knit fabric. I got a striped knit at JoAnn recently (and made a dress out of it that I have yet to wear or photograph--like I said, the weather...) and it was impossibly off-grain. It had a pattern running both ways and it made me want to pull my hair out trying to cut it to match. In the end, it just didn't. Poor quality right there, folks. Leave it to JoAnn's! But, don't get me started... I think I'll just stick to Denver Fabrics whenever possible. No pattern for this skirt, I just winged it (wung it?). I've seen a lot of large scale striped skirts like this out there this season, so I was thrilled to find this fabric.
 The girls had no matching socks. I bought them each a 6 pack and then labeled them to keep them straight! Stroke of brilliance.
 Spotted this in the remnant bin at Hobby Lobby and couldn't resist it. This tote bag pattern is on my wish list and I think this fabric would make a pretty cool lining!

Wait until you see the super awesome chair we found at Goodwill in Pueblo last weekend!!!!! It's exactly what I've been searching for, but thought I'd never find in good shape for a good price. But, patience paid off!!

I'll be back with that soon.

Cheers! :)

2 comments:

  1. Camera fabric is sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't it be fun to "color" one or a couple of the cameras with fabric markers?

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete