Thursday, October 18, 2012

pinned it, tried it, loved it

Pinning things on Pinterest is fun, but even more fun is the putting to the test of some of those pins. I've had a few duds. Also, not everything you read on Pinterest is true. Like a pumpkin spice smoothie that touts only 40 calories--too good to be true. And the "just like Cracker Barrel crock pot chicken and dumplings." Click on the link and notice the recipe doesn't mention Cracker Barrel OR crock pot!

But anyway, I've tried some new recipes that I've pinned and have three to share that were stellar. Not just good in an average way, but reaaaallllly good.

First up, I have a new go-to recipe for banana bread. This cinnamon swirl banana bread is to die for! It didn't last 24 hours here. Must buy more bananas ... and then keep Kelby from eating them all before they have a chance to get oldish ;)

Next up, these one pan baked fajitas seem way too easy to be this tasty. Usually fajitas seem like a lot of work, but these were fast and incredible. A keeper, for sure! Think I'll make them again next week, actually :)

Third, I made this Rosemary chicken recipe last night (I've been loving my new dutch oven that my mom gave me) and it was amaaaaaazing. The flavors infuse perfectly, I couldn't ask for a tastier one dish meal. And, added bonus, all three of my kids ate it and loved it. Even the mushrooms. That's a victory around here.

How about you? Tried any awesome recipes found on Pinterest lately?? If you'd like to follow my "Yum" board on Pinterest, you can find that here. Feel free to link me to your food board, if you have one, in the comments! I've been finding Pinterest is my biggest source of foodie inspiration these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment