Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Around the house sightings...

We've had a quiet evening around here.  My kids have been wonderfully self-entertaining since we bought some new markers and this huge roll of white paper at Hobby Lobby for 3 bucks.  Totally worth it.  They've made life-size ball gowns, a coach and a road.  Can't wait to see what's next :)
Kelby got some new boots today--he's wearing them now, with no pants, just a hoodie and a diaper. It's adorable, take my word for it.
The cast of Beauty and the Beast congregated on the window sill to watch the short-lived blustery snow we had today:
And some books I ordered came in the mail! Yay!
These pictures are not great, I know.  I have yet to master my manual settings in low light.  But who's judging, right? ;)

A word about these books:  I originally ordered these on Amazon, plus one more (that Barnes & Noble didn't have in stock.  But, with the Free Super-Saver shipping, they wouldn't have shipped until late December or early January!!! That's just ridiculous, so I canceled the order and ordered from Barnes & Noble instead.  There prices are usually the same and since I'm a B&N member ($25 a year and totally worth it if you go there often like me), 2-day shipping is always free, no minimum purchase required.  However, I was chatting with my sister yesterday and she informed me of Amazon Mom, a free Amazon program that offers discounts on certain kids' items and free 2-day shipping (I think only on kid-related products, books included) for up to one year!  I joined immediately. Now I can order that other book I wanted with free shipping.  Perfect :)

The clearance at Old Navy is an extra %50 off again. The girls zeroed in on these tulle skirts without missing a beat.  For $3 a piece, I did not put up a fight :)
There, let's see, can I give free promotionals to any other businesses today??? Really, I should get paid for this ;)

2 comments:

  1. How COOL is Amazon Mom?!?! Thanks for the hook up, I never would have figured that out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOTALLY have to go to Old Navy tomorrow!!! LOVE those skirts! They would be great Christmas Eve outfits, no??

    Miss you already :)

    ReplyDelete