Monday, November 2, 2009

feeling green

We recently became recyclers! and we're very proud of ourselves. But also a little shocked and ashamed at how much we've thrown in the trash that could be recycled. I was doing some cleaning and decluttering last weekend and threw a TON of things away (newspaper, phone book, etc...) until I remembered we are now recycling. Almost the whole kitchen trash can was full of recyclables! So I dug it all out and put it in the bins Casey bought for the garage :) I think our trash men will thank us.

On the "green" theme, I cut out a bunch of these washable snack bags and whipped one up the other day. You can find the tutorial here, although I added the little wrist strap to reduce the risk of little ones dropping them :) I plan on sticking these in with Christmas gifts.

And, I want to share my favorite notebooks. I get them from Barnes and Noble and they are made from 100% recycled materials. They are called ecojot and they're fat and awesome and have the cutest designs EVER. I bought the first one for a prayer journal and then another when I needed a new sewing/planning notebook. I hope this inspires you a little bit to think about your carbon footprint :) God is green, so they say (at Mars Hill Bible Church, anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment