Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's about that time...

Time to post a belly picture, that is. Casey is classic for taking pictures of me while I'm talking and that's what was going on in this picture, but it'll do, I suppose. I made this shirt, by the way. Cute, huh? Only four weeks to go! Today I'm considered full term, but since both the girls were about a week late, I'm not keeping my fingers crossed that this one will be early. It would be cool, though, I think I've had about enough ;) I have an ultrasound on Thursday and a baby shower that night, so that will be an exciting day for me. Even more exciting, my sister and her family are coming tomorrow and will be staying with us until Saturday!!!! We're really looking forward to their visit.

And, hey, remember all the little hourglass squares I showed here awhile ago? Well, here are some finished blocks. I think it's going to be so pretty. Now that all the small parts are done, the rest is going much faster. I love looking at quilts and recognizing fabrics that have sentimental value. In this picture, I see the valances I made for the girls' room and a maternity shirt I made when I was pregnant with Natalie and still wear this pregnancy. I won't always have those things, but I will always think of these sweet times when I use this quilt. Can't wait to finish!

3 comments:

  1. This is going to be a special quilt for you. It looks like it's almost time...how soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful in this picture. It always looks more fun to be pregnant than it really is. I think I'm ready for another... maybe not... for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so adorable, and I love the top you made. Hope your visit and shower are great. Be sure and read my latest post-it's right up your alley I think! Your quilt is precious. Can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete