Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th! on the 7th :)

We went down to Casey's sister's house for the 4th of July this year and the girls had tons of fun, especially Natalie. She doesn't have any playmates her age around here, so I just love it when we see her cousins and she has so much fun with them. It was really hot, but there was plenty of water to play in so that helped ;) The kids played with poppers and sparklers, which make me a nervous wreck, but nobody set anyone else on fire, so that is good. Natalie kept her sparkler and calls it her "wand". Silly girl.

Way down at the end, there's a picture of my tiger lily! The first one to bloom, but there are several more ready to go and they are so beautiful! I'm going to spend some time working on a quilt this week that I've had cut out for a few months now. It will be my first non-wonky quilt from an actual pattern, so we'll see how it goes!





2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a happy holiday. Can't wait to see your latest quilt!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of Natalie! They are all such cute pictures but the one of Natalie takes my breath away! I'm so terrible... I only looked at the pictures of this post before commenting! I'll have to read all about your day :)

    ReplyDelete