Thursday, June 5, 2008

Recipe Box Swap

swap blogpost
One of the lovely ladies whose blog I read hosts a monthly recipe box swap and so I thought I'd participate today! Here is my favorite smoothie recipe. I love it because it does not require any ice, since my blender does a horrible job with ice. Instead it uses frozen fruit, which my blender does fine with for some reason. Here ya go:

Peach Smoothie

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups orange juice
1 cup frozen peaches (or strawberries, or whatever you have)
1 banana
6 oz. vanilla yogurt (I never measure, I just guess)
1 Tbl. honey

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend well. This recipe easily serves two, or one adult and two sippy cups, which is usually how it goes around here :)
Yesterday I made a batch of this and poured it into Popsicle molds to freeze. It's sure to become Natalie's favorite snack, I think.




7 comments:

  1. We love smoothies around my house! It is the preferred breakfast of my kiddos :) And, with all the fresh peaches this time of year, this has to be delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are a smoothie family, too. I have two bananas that need to be made into one very soon! This sounds good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmmmm. The gang will LOVE this! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smoothies are always a hit around our house. Thanks for sharing this one...we'll definitely have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am trying these for sure! I love to make healthy smoothies--my kids love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you shared your recipe so I could find your blog. I'm "sharing the love" with you over on my blog. If you have time, please stop by.

    ReplyDelete