Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spring almost Sprang

The last couple of days here have been absolutely beautiful; summery even! But, we're expecting snow tomorrow. Again. Thankfully, my tulips have not yet bloomed, so this last (hopefully last) snow cannot destroy them as it has every year that I've lived here so far! Natalie and I planted some flowers yesterday. Always in style, she was wearing her crown, princess sunglasses and gardening gloves :)





















AND, I got the quilting bug yesterday! I am working on something for the next inspiration challenge over at Thriftin' and Craftin', where you can see this month's inspiration piece. I don't have the Bento Box pattern, so I am doing a sort of improvisational quirky box thing. I'm going to JoAnn tomorrow to buy some sashing fabric and once I get the top done, I'll share some more. I'm really loving the colors and that almost all of these fabrics were in my stash and scrap box!

4 comments:

  1. Love the colors of your quilt! I can't wait to see it in... a little over a week!!! YAY! I'm getting more and more excited as the days go by. I'm also thinking of more and more things to do... AH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicki-

    I'm SO THRILLED that you're having fun with the challenge. It is great to see everyone's vision of the inspiration piece. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your quilt squares so far. Scrap quilts are my absolute favorite for sure. YES- you absolutely may use that picture for a banner. Originally that was my idea, but I never really mentioned it. Have fun. Keep quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you link THIS post to the Mr. Linky box so others can see your progress. You can link again as you go along. It's fun to see everyone's progress. Thanks!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Transplante de Cabelo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://transplante-de-cabelo.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete