Saturday, April 5, 2008

Little Miss Piggy

I made this little piggy for the shop originally, but before I could get it stowed away, Layla found it...and fell in love. She sleeps with her, she holds an ear and sucks her thumb, she even says, "piggy!" whenever she sees her. And so, since she did sacrifice one of her outgrown onesies for the piggy's shirt, I'm going to let her keep it :)
This was a very fun project to make. The pattern and instructions are in the book, Fun Dolls, and the whole book is just pure fun. All the dolls in the book are frowning, though and that just bugs me, so I literally turned this pig's frown upside down. Much better :)

2 comments:

  1. She is SO cute! After making the Ruby doll for Kayden Grace when she became part of our family, I totally got into making dolls! I'm going to have to see if our library has this book (which it probably won't, but I'll try anyway!)

    ReplyDelete