Monday, June 23, 2014

guitars and other things with strings.

I've been mulling over ideas for decorating our bedroom. I have a hard time with bedrooms, I don't know why! The colors we had in our Colorado house weren't working with the white walls in our past two houses. Plus, our bedspread was worn out. So I started there, found a bedspread I love and all of a sudden, know exactly what I want to do in there! I't already looking really pretty.

I've found myself moving away from florals and anything cutesy and really liking more geometric prints with sort of 60's colors (as evidenced by the new look of my blog, I just realized, ha!)

Anyway, I don't have room pictures to show you yet, but I did get some great wall art inspiration today! We have a blank wall in there that needs a statement and today the Bishop Museum that we are members of had a guitar exhibit. It was REALLY cool and I learned a ton and the kids had a blast.  They had some black and white photos of close up guitar details in there that I thought were really cool so when I got home, I pulled out Casey's stringed instruments one at a time and went to work. We bought him a ukelele for Father's Day and he has a horse hair fiddle from Mongolio, along with an electric and acoustic guitar.

Here's what I came up with:





 I think I'm going to choose four to print 11x14 and frame them for that empty wall in our room. I can't wait!!!

By the way, Casey has already started to play "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" on the uke. He will not let me record that (yet), but I was thinking of you and took note of these videos at the exhibit today for your viewing pleasure. You're welcome, homeschool moms who have a kid who loves guitars :)

This very 8-neck guitar was behind glass at the museum.



Haha!
Equally cool, could this animation be the future of guitar?

No comments:

Post a Comment