Monday, December 16, 2013

little mouse ornaments

Every year, I make little fabric ornaments for my friends and family, to attach to gifts, give as hostess gifts, or to neighbors who drop by. The first year I only made six, so only six people have the full collection. Now, I cap it at twenty. This little tradition has become such a favorite of mine! I can't wait to choose my ornaments each Fall and get started early.

This year I settled on little mice. I originally saw a similar design on Pinterest, but that link goes nowhere, so I drew my own pattern and changed the shape of mine.
They turned out pretty adorable! 
I took these pics after already putting half of them in gifts and in the mail! Glad I remembered before it was too late to photograph them with their buddies. 



Here's a glimpse of my ornaments from year past!

Last year:

2012:

2011:

     2010:

 2009:

2008:

Can you tell which year I acquired a better camera?? Haha.

Aw, I love looking at these! It's hard for me to pick a favorite, I have such memories attached to them all.

Since this is the only time I've drafted the pattern myself, I get to share it with you! I'll have a basic tutorial with the printable pattern pieces up for you in the next couple days!

4 comments:

  1. Love the mice, why can't all mice be that cute? Plus, I decided to make the potholders that you made for some people at church, that's for the great tutorial. I will not be posting pictures, but just know I made them, and they're cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat tradition! They are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to use up scraps thank you for the idea. We always buy a special ornament for each of us and date it but what a better way to remember each year. Plus all my unused fabric scrap in a king size mattress bag can find a use. Love your Blog I stumbled upon it via pintrest for the toddler purse tut. Glad to have found it;)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to use up scraps thank you for the idea. We always buy a special ornament for each of us and date it but what a better way to remember each year. Plus all my unused fabric scrap in a king size mattress bag can find a use. Love your Blog I stumbled upon it via pintrest for the toddler purse tut. Glad to have found it;)!!!

    ReplyDelete