Monday, December 2, 2013

Let's catch up, shall we?

Sheesh, I haven't blogged much lately. I'd apologize, but I blog without obligation, so...

Thanksgiving was so late this year, right? It makes Christmas seem like it's coming faster. I feel as prepared as I always do (ha). I have most of my gifts bought and most of my sewing done. Our house is decorated and White Christmas has been watched. Christmas with the Kranks is up next. Love that movie so much!!

This last week was so busy, in the greatest kind of way.

Casey's birthday was last Sunday.





The kids decorated. Parties are their love language ;)

We have some close friends from Colorado who also live in Virginia, a few hours away and they came down for Thanksgiving. We have always spent Thanksgiving with Casey's family so I was really missing them! Having friends here really helped the homesickness a lot. I'm thankful to have some loved ones on this coast.




We also celebrated their oldest, Andrew's birthday while they were here! These boys can really get into the Legos.



 Look at these cuties! Aw. Andrew got the Legos and then Ethan and Kelby built them, it was kinda funny.
Then! While they were here, we went down the street and took some pictures at this pretty little spot here on Fort Lee. It was the coldest photo shoot I have ever done, but it was totally worth it. Here are a few of my favorites.


 I think these two shots are soooo beautiful. The light was workin' for me!




I think that pretty much catches us up! We decorated for Christmas yesterday, and I did take a few pics but those are on Instagram. I'm on Instagram as nikkischreiner if you're interested in following me there. If you're on Instagram, do you have the A Beautiful Mess app?? Cause it was awesome before, but they just updated it and now it is SUPER awesome!

Right now my laundry room is piled high with Amazon boxes. I ordered gifts early this year and they are ready to be wrapped! And the gifts from both sets of grandparents have also arrived and waiting to be wrapped. So, if you need me, I'll be in a flurry of cute wrapping paper and vintage ribbons someone passed along to me for added cuteness!

Cheers :)

1 comment:

  1. Blogging without obligation...me too! :o)

    I am so impressed by the HUGE card the kids made for their dad! That is so cool!

    Would you please tell me what is in the pitcher on the Thanksgiving table? It looks sooooo delicious. I think I'm seeing cranberries, and apple slices in apple juice, but I don't want to make any assumptions.

    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete