Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New Look 6104

Well, I'm excited, because this might be the most store-bought looking top I've ever made! After the new line of New Look patterns came out, I snatched this one up because I had a gray and white stripe that was perfect for it!
I faked the button placket. I tried it on with the front pinned closed and didn't have to struggle at all to get it on, so I sewed that puppy up, rather than deal with button holes and that annoying gap that usually occurs with button down tops. 
You can read my review of New Look 6104 here
Cheers! 

9 comments:

  1. Love it! It actually makes me want to head to Fabricland and pick up the pattern :)
    I love the yellow thread for the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I say "actually" because I barely ever sew for myself and I haven't made myself a shirt since high school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a size 2 and would like one in pink and white stripped...I'll even let you fake the front...=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love! Your version is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously impressed. it's amazing. i actually think i used to have this same exact shirt from the gap a few years ago... except mine was light blue and white striped and undoubtedly cost me 50 bones. well done! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is super cute - and I *love* the yellow threaded buttons - very off the rack looking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soo lovely!! I originally passed over this pattern, but I am going to have to keep it in mind. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I'm stalking all your projects from pattern review. I LOVE this one!

    ReplyDelete