Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Time for Tea

So, this week, all the blog posts I have to write happen to be about my friend, Jenn. Ha! I didn't plan to dedicate a whole blogging week to her, but many of the crafty/sewy things going in and out of here lately involve her, so there ya go.

I know I've written a little about our friendship in the past, but in case you missed it, Jenn and I met while living in Georgia, just before both our husbands deployed to the war in Iraq in 2003. There is no doubt in either of our minds, that God orchestrated this friendship. As a 20-year-old new wife, I don't know how I would have gotten through that deployment without her!

At the time, Jenn found out I was a sewer and she knew the basics and had a machine and really wanted to learn more. So, we got busy. We spent hours, days even, sewing together, working on sooooo many projects, from copying designer skirts to slipcovering her furniture (while her AC was out! In the Summer! In GEORGIA!) Good times. Anyway, sewing is a HUGE part of the history of our friendship. We've lived in different states for many years now, but still sew for each other a lot and talk about sewing a lot!

Without further ado, let Jenn week commence!! (Haha! I can hear you laughing at this, Jenn!)

Jenn has recently gotten into tea. I love tea too, but even more so since I got one of these before Christmas:
It's an Oster electric kettle (Target, 40 bucks) and I use it constantly, no exaggeration! I boil water in the morning, use it for my french press coffee, maybe for the kids' oatmeal and for tea throughout the day. It's awesome. I told Jenn about it and she got one too :)

So, for her birthday, I bought her this:
It's from Anthropologie, of course :)

AND, I made her this!
It's  a little mini quilt/tea mat. The tea cup and letters are from the book, Out of the Box with Easy Blocks 
It was soooo much fun to free piece all of that! (even though my tea cup handle needs work, I know). I can't wait to make more from this book. There's a princess cow that's calling my name ;)

While I was dwelling on the tea subject, I started noticing how many tea sets and tea pots I have. Should I be embarrassed that it's a lot??

My parents brought me this one last time my Dad was in the states!! I love it. The kids and I use it and feel very fancy :)
That tea cup tray in the background is from IKEA, in case you're wondering.

Stay tuned, because tomorrow I'm going to show you what Jenn made me for Christmas!!!! It's AMAZING!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE all of it!! Tea is soo soothing and relaxing to me. That Tea Time quilt thing that you made..made me smile! You are so talented and inspiring in countless ways :)

    ReplyDelete