Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Seasons come and seasons go

Welp, we have officially begun our school year as of Monday and although I'm sure I'll feel out of my element for the first few weeks (months?) of every new year that we homeschool, things are going well :) I am enjoying the My Father's World curriculum--very hands-on, which is great for us creative types!

Last week, as a last hurrah for summer sewing, I pulled out a piece of vintage cotton that I was recently given and gave Simplicity 2591 another whirl:
I reviewed the pattern right here, if you're interested in reading that. I wore it today and really like it :) The fabric makes me smile and it makes me feel a bit like a 50's housewife. Those fab pockets can't be beat!

But before that, I pulled out a little p.j. pattern and some flannel pieces and made each of the kids some Fall p.j. pants. I'm still deciding if I will buy sleep shirts or make them, but they were all thrilled about the pants, even though I put them downstairs in the cold weather tub for now :)
In order to tell the back from the front, I like to put little tags in them, like this...

Kinda makes me want to make some for myself!

This pile is about a third of the last batch of fabrics that my dear older friend at church gave me (this is Kelby's idea of helping me fold it)
Rosemarie, who gives me all this wonderful fabric, made Kelby this little man shirt for his birthday!!
SO sweet, he loves it :) It has his name embroidered on the tag, which he things is pretty cool.

3 comments:

  1. This link might be more helpful
    This site is great.
    Thanks for your valuable contribution!
    i totally agree with your fashion sense. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any suggestions for someone who wants to sew her own clothes beginning with dresses and skirts and has never done such a thing before?
    Thanks for any tips or links you might have.

    P.S. I love reading your blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Simplicity dress is eyecatchingly gorgeous! Also Kelby looks like an adorable sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete