Sunday, August 28, 2011

God is the Ruler yet

I have been absolutely loving the old hymn, This is my Father's World. We sang it in church today because I requested it of our music minister and because he's married to me, he obliged ;)  The lyrics are wonderful, but my favorite is the final verse:

This is my Father's world, 
Oh, let me never forget
That though the wrong seems often so strong, 
God is the ruler yet.

This is my Father's world, 
The battle is not done.
Jesus who died will be satisfied 
And earth and Heaven be one.

A short while back, I fell in love with Jadon Lavik's version (the whole album is very good, actually):


And, what do ya know, this song is part of our homeschooling curriculum (which is called My Father's World) so it looks like I'll be dwelling on these words lots :)

2 comments:

  1. this was the 1st hymn I ever committed to memory as a new Christian! I'd prop the hymn book up at the kitchen sink while doing dishes. Hence, it was your 1st lullaby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever heard GLAD's version? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzY5ZBf3VLQ

    ReplyDelete