Thursday, February 18, 2010

my wrists are so warm :)

I laughed as I typed that title because it's so cheeeeesey. Ha! But really, my hands do get cold sometimes here in the house and as it doesn't make much sense to walk around with gloves on, wrist warmers are the perfect solution. So, I went on the hunt for the perfect pattern! I wanted it to be a crochet, not a knitting pattern and of course they had to be pretty. On Ravelry last week, I came across the perfect one, finally! It was not one of the free ones, but it was a PDF download for $4.50 (I LOVE being able to download a purchase because the shipping cost would be a deal breaker!)

I used Patton's Bamboo Silk yarn from Hobby Lobby and WOW what a product. This is the softest, best yarn I've ever worked with and as it's not expensive at all, I'll be using it again for sure--probably with the same pattern because these would make great gifts :)

Here's the pattern pic:

...and here's where you can find it! If you're a "fiber artist" (fancy title for Granny-artist, lol) and you haven't yet joined Ravelry, you absolutely should! It's free and all you have to do is wait a few days to be "accepted." There are loads of patterns, free and otherwise and even more inspiration. Plus yarn guides and forums and on and on. Have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Those are awesome! I tried my hand at crocheting, but just can't seem to get it. You're so crafty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOh! I want some! way cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Aunt would love a pair of those, as she sits and types by a cold door all day. Hint, Hint.

    ReplyDelete