Friday, April 22, 2011

What I learned from the flu...

I had a flu bug yesterday. It was ugly. Casey was out of town (he comes home today, yay!) so him staying home was not an option and I could barely get off the couch. We are all well today, praise the Lord! But, I did learn some things from the flu. Here they are:

  1. It is much easier for me to be patient and gentle with the kids when I have zero expectations for myself and my day. 
  2. When I am patient and gentle, the kids seem so much more eager to do what I ask with happy hearts!
  3. My kids are able to do much more for themselves than I thought they could!
I am so thankful for the cooperation of my children yesterday. They could not have been more helpful. They required very little from me, understanding that I was sick and they did not argue at all, with me or each other. What treasures I have in them! And, I am thankful that simple things like old magazines keep my girls entertained for hours :)

Before that nasty bug came to visit, I was busy making some things. I can't wait to share them with you next week! Until then, have a wonderful Good Friday and a Happy Resurrection Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment