Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Whooooaaa, Nelly

I was overcommitted this last weekend. It was all fun stuff, but still... I was really exhausted by the end of it and kinda still am...which explains why the kids and I are planning a day at home for the third day in a row :) We're also taking our Christmas break from home schooling a week early. That's what's awesome about home schooling!
Casey and I went to our first military ball on Friday night! We got the professional picture taken, but since I don't have that one yet, I'll share this one:
I didn't take my huge whiz-bang camera with me, obviously, but I still really love this pic. There's something truly amazing about being in the presence of hundreds of men in Army uniforms. Casey was the Master of Ceremony and did an excellent job, if I may say so myself :)

Then, on Sunday, I hosted a baby shower for my dear friend, Becky! She's has two little boys and now it having a girl, yay!
The baby's name is going to be Sawyer. Isn't that so adorable? I wish I could tell you her full name because it's super cute, but ya know, blog privacy and all...

Our other good friend, Melissa, makes cakes. Isn't this one sooooo cute?????
And here's the adorable pregnant lady :)
THEN, on Monday morning, I hosted a little gingerbread house-making party for the little kids in our church. It was not my idea, I just offered my house, which worked out well. Great idea, Kristen!!
This is Ms. Terri. She's not a mama yet, but she'll make an awesome one. All the kids looooove Ms. Terri, so I invited her for an extra set of hands :)
I think Sebastion may have eaten more than he put on his house, haha. 

 This was really fun and really messy, we will definitely be doing this again next year! We were thinking if we got the men involved, we could get some nice fun competition going--we can see them getting really into it ;)

Casey and I wrapped a bazillion little stocking stuffers last night. The stocking stuffers are always my favorite part of the presents, both buying and opening. Hopefully I'll be able lay low and relax a little bit in the next week.
I hope to have a little reading list for you tomorrow! Or the next day, maybe. We'll see :) Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Waw!!! what a great post,the cake making is wonderful.I like your post.

    ReplyDelete