I have NO pictures of my own to share with you today (!!!). Nope, I have not taken a single photo this week. But, I will try to pilfer some from the good ol' internet (with credit given or course, or what kind of journalism student would I be?) to make this interesting :) Here are some things I'm liking right now:
1. National Geographic--for kids! We recently subscribed to the Little Kids version, and it's been great, but I think I will also be subscribing to the one for the next age group. We use these as a sort of science curriculum for our home schooling and I am happy to report that there is nothing in these about evolution or how the world is "billions of years old" (hogwash), as was my fear. The link above will take you to the website, which has games, videos and printable crafts. Very cool resource!
This song is not available on iTunes, but you can buy it here on Amazon. The Deck the Halls version is great too.
3. Caramel Brulee Latte. Yum. Need I say more??
Can I just interject something I do NOT like??? When people get in the Starbucks drive through and order 12 drinks. Or bring their own cup for their drink--meaning, they have to wait until it's your turn at the window to make your drink. Come on! Get off your rear and GO IN! Don't hold up the lady with three loud and hungry kids in the back seat :)
4. This recipe. I've had this one for a long time. In fact, it's one that my mom printed off for me as part of a recipe book gift when I got married. It's still my go-to recipe when I need a dessert it a hurry.
Mix the following ingredients together in one large bowl.
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 tsp salt
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
Pour into a 13x9 pan and sprinkle with one cup chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. That's it, there ya go :)
5. These awesome tissue poms. I'm hosting a baby shower this weekend and am going to try my hand at these! Aren't they cool??? You can find the instructions here at Martha Stewart Weddings. I'll let you know how mine turn out.
6. This wonderful post about creating personal filters. This was the first time I had visited this blog, Small Notebook, but I added it to my reading list because it's one I definitely would like to continue reading!
That's all I have for you for today! I promise to get on the ball and take some pictures :) Maybe even of the Christmas Quilt I'm almost done with, yay! And before Christmas, too!