Friday, June 4, 2010

moving right along

I have Natalie's quilt top pretty much finished!! It's so beautiful! I say almost because there will be a border of strawberry fabric on the top and bottom.  I was going to piece these borders together out of scraps I had left, but Natalie really wants strawberries on the quilt, so I'm going to order this one:


...although, now that I'm looking, this one is nice too:
hmmmmm. Now I'm not really sure what to do.  I like the fun factor in the first one, but the second one may be more in keeping with the quilt's style.  Opinions??  I wish I would have taken a pic of the entire thing, but I packed it in a big box with the rest of my sewing stuff to be moved to our new house.  Sorry.  This means I will be doing no sewing for a few weeks, but don't worry, I have plenty to write about.  Always an adventure around here!

Which brings me to my next question:  I need moving tips!!!! I do not like packing. I've always known that.  I don't mind the unpacking (although I've never done that with three littles under my feet, so we'll see if I still like it after this ;)  What makes moving go smoothly for you???

4 comments:

  1. I love the first strawberry option! But I think you're right... the second one goes better with the quilt. It's lookin' so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd fabric option.

    Clean everything before you put it away.

    Label it, even if it's just what room it's supposed to go in.

    BUY A TAPE GUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to be divisive and say go with the first fabric.

    Moving: Purge as you go. You don't have to "pack" stuff you are getting rid of, you can just toss it in big boxes and bags and send it on it's way to Goodwill. You will not believe how much stuff you will pull out of every nook and cranny of your current home. Oh, and start packing 10 days before you think you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm probably a little late for giving my opinion... but I LOVE the first one! As soon as I saw it I was envious of what a cute fabric you had found! The second one is a great option too but it did not excite me like the first one :)

    Purging is a great tip!!! If you need any help, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete