Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I can't believe I got this far

I finished Layla's quilt top! Applique in huge quantities has never been my favorite, but it turns out, I really didn't mind it so much on this. Maybe I liked how it was turning out so much that I was motivated to finish. Here's the entire top (well, as much as would fit in the picture.)




I'm so excited to get some batting and start quilting this one. I've never hand quilted before, but I think it's the only way to go on this quilt because of those flowers. I'm a fast hand sewer when it comes to bindings and things, so maybe it will go faster than I think?? I'm open to any machine quilting suggestions you may have before I get started, though!

On another note, we planted a little window sill herb garden yesterday. My pots look so much prettier here than they did in the pantry :)

9 comments:

  1. Its beautiful. The pots are really cute as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your quilt is beuatiful...those pretty pots are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a lot of work! I see some pinwheel blocks peeking out, those are my very favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plants and beautiful quilts. It doesn't get any better than this! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun quilt - looks like Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nikki, this quilt is great. I love all the applique. The colors are so cheerful too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful quilt! I just found your blog and I love it :) I'm just wondering though, is there a search function or tags for posts? I only ask because I would love to see a photo of the finished quilt but I'm not sure how to navigate through your blog without going to every month and scrolling down :) Great dresses too!

    ReplyDelete