Thursday, April 30, 2009

My girls have it made!

I made these dresses for the girls over the last few weeks and they turned out SO cute! They really love them, although Natalie wants the ruffles in the front next time ;) Someone gave me the brown polka dot fabric and I got the green and the floral dirt cheap at Denver Fabrics a long time ago, so these cost me next to nothin', which is the way we like it around here.
Natalie was a somewhat more cooperative model than Layla :)
And of course, the twirlability is irresistable.
AND, my blog buddy Belinda of Brown Dirt Cottage wrote me recently and offered to send me some little girl patterns that her grand kids had out grown and of course I said, "absolutely!" CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS???? Look how many she sent!!! The girls are at the table with me now, picking out what they want me to make for them first...and second and third :) Belinda, thank you SO much!!! Believe it or not, a college student's family doesn't have a lot of extra dough for patterns and fabric, so this is a major blessing. It looks like I have some serious thrift store fabric shopping to do :)

Oh, and guess what else??? LAYLA JUST WENT PEE-PEE ON THE POTTY!!!! I only started training her three days ago. If you've been following my blog for awhile, you may remember what an ongoing nightmare Natalie's potty-training was! This is shaping up to be a good day :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the dresses and what a blessing to receive all those patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! All those great patterns AND a girl on the potty in the same day?!?! I'd say *you've* got it made Mama! Missed you at church on Sunday :) (Oh, and I actually updated my blog finally!)

    ReplyDelete