Saturday, December 22, 2007

Liar, Liar

Okay, every time I say I'm done with Christmas gifts and such, I'm lying, because I keep deciding to make more things for people, "since I have the time." Last week I almost tossed a bunch of already-cut-up quilt fabrics into the trash because they were cut so crooked and so off-grain that they were not even usable for the quilt I was making. Instead, I turned the pieces into these coasters for one sister-in-law and this draft-blocker for the other. (I don't actually know if that's what they're called.) She has a big gap under her front door and the one I made her a few years ago finally bit the dust. So, I guess all this fabric wasn't wasted, although I'll still be writing the company!
I also had to post this picture of what mischief Layla found to get into while I was sewing today ;) That's my stash of embroidery floss draped all about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment