Tuesday, June 18, 2013

What a weekend

We were so busy in the best of ways this past weekend. On Saturday, we celebrated Casey's grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary and most of the family was there. Here they are with most of their great grandchildren. What a legacy, huh!?
The venue was so beautiful, I had a photographer cousin snap this photo of Casey and I because the view was just perfect...


 I think Layla was born to live in the mountains somewhere, she played on those grounds until I was worn out just watching her.
 Father's Day was lovely too! We gave Casey this Darth Vader #1 Dad shirt and also The Avengers on Blu-Ray. The kids made him cards and pictures and I made him his favorite cookies in the world that afternoon--with gluten and shortening and sugar and everything! ;) And then my mom babysat so we could go see the new Superman movie, which is as good as they say.

Casey's mom and dad stayed in town and came to church with us on Sunday, so it was special for these two to be together on Father's Day:
And this is the most awesome pic I have ever seen:
In other news, I have been tackling a house chore that I've been avoiding and dreading for three years of living here. When we moved in, we took up all the carpet in the house to reveal the oak floors, which were in great shape, considering. However, the carpet glue and years of paint layers left the molding in pretty terrible shape. I kept going back and forth on whether or not I could tackle this job (there are a LOT of moldings!) or if I should wait til our stuff is moved out and hire it done. Last week, I just decided to see how far I could get and I started with the stairs, which were in the worst shape by far. They all looked like this:
 And three days later, they are absolutely beautiful!! I repainted the risers white too, so they look so clean and pretty.
I'm glad I did it and I wish I would have done it a long time ago, but I literally painted every single wall in this big house in that first year and I was not in any hurry to paint any more! Now I'm motivated to continue, though. I might not be able to do them all, but I'll see where I get. I'm half done with the upstairs hallway! For such a minor part of a house, nice looking moldings sure do make a big difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment