Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sew Simple

I gave Simplicity's "Sew Simple" line a try recently. I had a beautiful piece of brushed cotton (I think?) that was given to me in the last batch of fabrics from my elderly friend at church and I wanted a Fall dress out of it. I decided on Simplicity 2017 and I like how it turned out a lot...
I wore it to church on Sunday and was super comfortable the whole day! I was also able to use a vintage trim, given to me a long time ago by another elderly friend at church. I tell ya, once these ladies find out there's a young crafter/sewer in their midst, they are so generous with their stockpiles of wonderful things!!

If you want to read my review of this pattern, you can find it here.  This new Sew Simple line is pretty great in that there's only one view on each pattern and there are lots of tips geared toward beginner clothing sewers that aren't usually included in patterns. Plus, having only one view simplifies the cutting process! No searching for all the right pieces--just use them all :)

Annnndd, guess what, this line of patterns is on sale at Walmart this week for only 97 cents each! Yay! I haven't been to Walmart in ages (I live super close to a Target and let's admit it, Target's just prettier ;) but this little sale might drive me there this week!

While I was taking a picture of this dress with my self-timer, the kids just had to jump in on one and of course, they needed Daddy in it too :) If only Casey had already been in his church clothes, this totally would have worked for our Christmas cards this year! Ah, well....

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading your blog for a while and I don't believe I've ever commented. You're a wonderful seamstress and do a great job both behind and in front of the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, love it, love it!!! The dress really brings out your eyes and skin color too...and I like your hair with the outfit too...so cute!
    Jana

    ReplyDelete