Friday, August 20, 2010

Must-reads for mamas

I have been enjoying some great reads on mothering lately and so I've complied a little list here for you.  Let's get started! :)


  • First of all, my lovely and godly sister, Jana has started blogging again, yay! And it's good stuff too. Like this post...and this one.  She has some wise things to say about how to treat your children.  Things that were good reminders for me, that's for sure! (I know, I am beyond blessed to have a sister like her :)  
  • Second, I've mentioned this blog here several times before, but Femina is chalk full of must-reads for wives, mothers and all women actually.  I really loved this post from earlier this week.  I think I want to print it out and put it on my fridge! 
  • Don't Make Me Count to Three is probably my favorite book on Christian parenting.  It really changed the way I operate as a mother.  Ginger Plowman gives situational advice, while always pointing children to the Lord and to Scripture.  Love it. I think it's time to read it again soon :)
  • Also by Ginger Plowman, this Wise Words for Moms is a great resource.  It's in a chart format and gives Scripture references for different issues or sins that your child may be dealing with.  I would love to order a bunch of these and start giving them as baby gifts, they are that valuable! 
  • Last but not least, a book I am currently reading, called Grace Based Parenting.  I love it so far, I may post a better review after I finish.  
I hope you other mothers can possibly gather some encouragement from these links! Happy reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment