- POP BEADS! These are soooo cool. I have had my eye on these since I first saw them at Target at least a year ago. I remember my sister and I having fun with pop beads when we were kids, so I knew my girls would like them, but they were pricey so I always talked myself out of buying them. BUT, after Christmas, they went on clearance for $11 so I snatched them up and saved them for a restless, cabin-feverish day, which was yesterday :) Natalie played with them literally all day long and is still sitting here by me playing with them now. Major hit and way cooler than the ones I had way back when.
2. The Starbucks cup Casey got me for Christmas. I can make iced lattes now with my mocha pot and feel like it came from the master itself ;)
3. This face and the fact that he loves the hat I made him. I didn't think he would care because he never keeps hats on, but he always keeps this one on! Makes me happy. Maybe he likes it because he can put it on himself? I like it because he looks so adorable in it--like a big little dude :)
4. This was a grand discovery at Target a few weeks ago. These veggie chips are soooo good, have nothing artificial in them, are super healthy and best of all, the kids love them!!!! Great way to get kids to eat some veggies.
6. This quote from C.S. Lewis that one of my Facebook friends posted on her wall:
"The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only- and that is to support the ultimate career" ~CS Lewis
What stay-at-home wife or mom wouldn't like that quote!?
7. This book and the fact that it was so handy while trying to kick the cold that my family passed around last week and which lingered with me the longest!
So, these are two tried and true remedies for phlegm congestion. (I know, gross, sorry, but someday you'll thank me :)
- Chop up an onion (the more potent, the better) and stick it in a bowl. Drizzle honey all over it and then leave it covered on the counter over night. By morning, you'll have a nice amount of juice. Drain it out and take a teaspoonful every 2 hours while symptoms last. If you need to cough something up, this will do the trick! It has sweet taste, not too oniony, so I don't think kids would mind it at all.
- Squeeze a lemon wedge into a mug of hot water, squirt in some honey and add 3 cloves. I just tried this tea this morning and it was very tasty and my voice is much improved for the first time all week. Finally! I put the lemon wedge (after squeezing) and the cloves in a little tea pod to keep them out of the way while I drank--just another tip for you :)