Friday, December 11, 2009

catching up

WOW, I'm a little bit behind :) I have lots to show you today. Lots of unrelated things, really, but that's okay. We have had some c-o-l-d days here in Colorado! I'm talking well below zero. See the frost on the window? That's on the INSIDE!!!

I could not let the girls play outside because it was just too cold, but that didn't stop them from getting their snow gear out. I love this picture of the girls.


Next off, gift wrap...I told you these things were unrelated. I LOVE Hobby Lobby's wrapping paper. It's $4 a roll when they put it 1/2 off, which it is now, and it is sturdy and thick and it has a convenient grid on the back and it lasts forever. I try to pick ones that are not necessarily Christmasy, so I can use them for all occasions throughout the year.


This is the super-cute tea towel my sister embroidered for me for my birthday! I always keep a tea towel next to my sink for drying dishes and this one is my new favorite. Isn't she good at embroidery? I should have taken a picture of the back too, because it's perfect, and that's the mark of a good embroiderer, right??


Casey was busy last Friday night, so after the kids were in bed, I got my scrapbooking stuff out. I need to get crackin' on the books for my youngest two, so I made this page for Layla's book. She took "chubby baby" to a whole new level, as you can see by that middle pic. Don't worry, she's totally average now :)



Last but not least, just in case you need yet another use for all those fabric scraps, my girls always have some good ideas :) They were entertained for several hours yesterday by my scraps, a cardboard box, their wooden blocks and their princesses. Very resourceful girls, I know :)



Hope your week was wonderful and your weekend is even better!!!

2 comments:

  1. oh wow...frost on the inside of the windows. that is really cod. that used to happen to us when we lived in Alaska. i love that your girls are thrilled with fabric scraps. mine like to cut mine into tiny little pieces....and once my son threw every bit of it into the air and spread it all around the room. i had no idea that what i could cram in one little bucket could cover so much of one room.
    http://leslie-fluffnonsense.blogspot.com/2009/06/messy-fun.html

    ReplyDelete