Friday, February 27, 2009

I'm on a roll!

Those twirly skirts put me in the mood to make some more things for the kids for Spring. The weather has been helping, since it's been uncharacteristically warm here lately. Anyway, Casey's Aunt Blenda gave me some cute cotton fabric recently and so I tried out the Ruffled Skirts pattern in one of my Quilts & More magazines (the tutorial can also be found here.) I made both the girls one, but it can be hard to get pictures of them sometimes, so this one of Layla will have to do. Her little love handles look a little squeezed, huh? Maybe I should use a bigger piece of elastic next time :)
I also cut out some shorts for Kelby out of a super-cute construction print I saw last week at JoAnn and just couldn't resist. I'm going to applique one of the little tractors onto a T-shirt to go with them. Awww. I'll post pics when they're done, of course.

Oh, here's a link to a very inspiring video on Virtue Alert that I forgot to include in my last post.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment