Monday, January 21, 2013

Reno

I had the chance to visit a very close friend in Reno last weekend. I've talked about Jenn here before, but to recap--Jenn and I met when I was newly married and living in Georgia, just before both our husbands deployed to Iraq in 2003. It was a friendship planned by God, we are both convinced. I do not know how either of us would have gotten through that time without each other! Ten years and six children later, we try to see each other every year or two.

Jenn turned 35 and her husband bought me a ticket to visit as a surprise for her birthday!! I was SO excited and it was sooooo hard not to give away the surprise, especially after they got a call in December telling them they'd been chosen to adopt a little boy (they already have two girls, also adopted).

Before I went, I made the new little guy a present. This is McCall's 6719, a brand new pattern.


He liked it, he cuddled with it and took off with it, it was super cute :)
 But, I couldn't very well not bring presents for the girls too! They had gotten some 18" dolls for Christmas so I pulled out some of my new patterns and made an outfit for each of them. These are both from McCall's 6573.


 Me and Jenn
 We also managed a few family photos, despite the freeeeezing temps! Isn't their family such a picture of the gospel??

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in hm before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.  In love He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.  --Ephesians 1:3-6


1 comment:

  1. The children will treasure your sewing gifts for many years - love the family photo at the end!

    ReplyDelete