Saturday, December 6, 2008

Candy Mold Crayons

Finally, a Christmas gift I can blog about, assuming the little ones who are getting these for Christmas do not actually read my blog :) I noticed a box of candy molds in the basement here at my parents' house (my sister had a candy-making phase) and thought that some candy mold crayons would be a very frugal gift for the kiddos in our lives. I'm sure there are many ways to do this, but here's how I did it: Peel 4 or 5 crayons in the same color family and break them in pieces. Put them in a paper cup and stick them in the microwave for 5 or 6 minutes. Immediately pour them into the candy molds and let them sit out on the counter until they cool and fall easily out of the molds. The freezer makes it even speedier. Natalie thinks this is pretty cool and she helped with the peeling and breaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment