Saturday, August 23, 2008

Budding Artist



















I found Natalie in her room yesterday creating this masterpiece. First she arranged her crayons inside one quilt square, then she framed in with buttons and framed that with her jump rope. Love it.


I have managed to get some sewing in. I made this clutch bag as seen in Bend the Rules Sewing. I made it a little bigger than the book suggested and it's perfect for holding my wallet, chap stick, a pen and a few other things. Now instead of transferring all my little things from bag to bag (diaper bag, purse, library bag, etc...) I can just move this little clutch. Also, I thought I'd show you all what I've been sewing on since my machine's been in the shop. It only goes backwards and forwards, but it's a solid hunk of metal and sews like a champ. Awesome.



1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh that is so cute. i think you should blow up the picture and frame it as art!

    ReplyDelete