Monday, August 8, 2011

Afternoon Tea

I have a new afternoon drink. Does anyone else have a mason jar fetish?? I just loooove mason jars. I have way too many.  But, I do use them. See?
They're great for all the bulk foods I buy at Sprouts! Especially with these self-sealing plastic lids (because the metal ones tend to rust in the dishwasher).

When I saw this idea on Pinterest, I knew I'd found my new favorite use.
Mmmmm, iced tea in a jar.  Here's how I make it: I put water in a big mason jar, leaving room for ice, with two tea bags (so far, Celestial Seasonings Blueberry is my favorite), microwave it for two minutes and let it steep for about 10 minutes.  Fill 'er up with ice (remove the tea bags first if you want) and add a lemon slice or two. Yum! This lasts me all afternoon and did you know that herbal tea (unsweetened) counts toward your daily water? Bonus :) Mango tea with orange slices sounds yummy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment