Thursday, January 13, 2011

In with the new!

Ahhhh, we got new windows in our house this week! I am SO happy, because after a week of frigid temperatures, I was freezing!! They are so beautiful, totally worth it. Kelby watched the whole process, continually asking the guys what they were doing.
Other than that, I haven't been up to much this week. So, I'll just point you in the direction of some things on the world wide web that I've enjoyed recently :)

  1. My sister has been posting a series called Nitty Gritty Homeschool Tips. You can find them here. They have been so encouraging to me this past week, as I have a reluctant learner on my hands ;)
  2. Then her husband, my brother-in-law, a pastor, posted some wise words for parents on his blog here.
  3. There's a new series on TV called Cape. Casey and I watched the first two episodes on Hulu. Pretty good! We also like No Ordinary Family. Superheroes must be in vogue right now. Whatever, better than vampires, am I right?? 
  4. I'm going to be painting the girls' room this weekend (pink, of course). I found this pattern while browsing the McCall's catalog online, bought it when it was on sale at JoAnn and am going to make one. I got some like-new sheets, some curtain panels and a vintage pink table cloth at the thrift store, so hopefully I'll have enough fabric. (It takes a TON!)    
                                                                                                  
     5. My Aunt led me to this fabric line this week. She wants the apples for her kitchen. Cute, right?

While I was looking, I spotted this one. It may turn into the inspiration for my sewing/guest room!

That's all, folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment