Monday, March 10, 2008

Baby Blur and an Unconventional Recipe

I couldn't have a post without a picture, could I?? This is a picture of my little girl being a big girl. She's developing quite the little personality and I can tell, she already loves to accessorize, just like her big sis.

But, on to the real point of this post. I had a nasty cold a few weeks ago and I'm over it, except for this constant lingering cough that's driving me CRAZY. Over the counter cough syrups just don't work, I'm absolutely sick of cough drops and most of the herbal teas out there for coughs are not safe during pregnancy. So, I got online and found the following recipe for a homemade cough remedy:
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 Tbl honey
  • 1 Tbl apple cider vinegar
  • 2 Tbl water
I had all these ingredients on hand and took 3 teaspoons to start with and let me tell you, it worked! I'm still coughing a little, but not nearly as much. This does not taste good, I repeat, it does NOT taste good, but if your cough is annoying enough to you, you'll be willing to give it a try. You can find a little bit more info on this here.

No comments:

Post a Comment